Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday Girl

I can't believe our baby is 1 today! Wow has this year flown by. I think back to what I was doing one year ago and how blessed we am to have this sweet baby in our lives. I remember going to the doctor that morning after being on bed rest, with a 22 month old, for about 4 weeks. Mom was with me and I was hoping he would say go walk around for an hour and come back and I think you will be ready. Instead I got, Go home and do nothing! You will go into labor if your not careful. Well I went home and tried to keep the contractions away and remember praying that the contractions would stop at least until Ron got home. Ron got home and I remember timing contractions but telling everyone I was fine until Michele said she was going home and I said not a good idea. At that time I called the Dr., put Kelvey to bed, called Ron's sister Deanna, and went to hospital. Still relaxed and in no pain. A few hours later she was here with no name until the next morning.

This was my first look at her and it didn't last long
5 1/2 weeks early she had to go to NICU to be sure she was ok
And she was and hour later everyone got to see her!

5 lbs 15oz
191/2 inches
and healthy


All dressed for visitors

First day at home loving life

I forget how small and sweet she was and still is


And now she is one and doing so much!
  • She says momma and dada and babbles many other things!
  • Follows her sister every where.
  • Hates when I leave the room and hates the vacuum even worse.
  • She loves milk and drinks a lot of it. I think I buy a gallon every 2-3 days and that is mostly her drinking it.
  • She is not walking and really doesn't want to. That's ok I will hold her a little longer.
  • She is a cuddlier yet can be independent.
  • She is really starting to recognize people and gets really excited when daddy comes home, just like her sister!
  • She loves bath time, playing peek a boo, and looking at books.
  • Has 4 teeth and more coming
  • Thinks she is big enough to eat what everyone else eats
That is all I can think of right now but I will post more when we go to the Dr next week.

Here are some pictures I took of her in her birthday outfit Granna got her.



We had a small party in Kentucky this weekend for her
Good practice for this weekend

She did pretty good with her cake


Wow how our lives have changed in a year!! A year ago I was scared out of my mind to have two and now I don't know what life would be like without them. VERY BORING I am sure!
We have a busy weekend full of fun!

Happy Birthday my sweet girl! WE LOVE YOU!!!





4 comments:

joyce klein said...

Happy Birthday, Kinley. Granna and Poppa T love you. See you tomorrow.

Audrey said...

Time really flies. She is precious!

Audrey

The Marlows KC said...

Wow I cant believe she is already a year old. Where does the time go!! Happy Birthday Kinley!

Papa and Nana said...

Wow! So hard to believe she is 1 already, what a FAST year! I am looking forward to meeting Miss Kinley in August. We are trying to come the weekend of the 13th. Checking air tickets but thinking we will drive. Please leave some time for us on the weekend, we'd love to see you all.